KPMG addresses the key accounting and financial reporting issues facing companies moving through the various stages of Chapter 11 – with Q&As, interpretive guidance and examples in US GAAP.
- All companies contemplating Chapter 11 bankruptcy, in Chapter 11 bankruptcy, or emerging from Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- Effective immediately
- Updated for ASU 2021-08 (contract assets and contract liabilities from contracts with customers) under fresh-start reporting.
- Overview of bankruptcy, including the types of bankruptcies and the process from filing until emergence, plus accounting considerations for an entity anticipating bankruptcy.
- Accounting requirements of ASC 852-10 during bankruptcy, including accounting for liabilities and the presentation of reorganization items in the statement of operations.
- Criteria to qualify for fresh-start reporting, and the accounting and financial reporting considerations when emerging from bankruptcy.
Download Handbook from KPMG FRV